Polygon Partners with StreamingFast on Powerful Historical and Real-Time Data Streaming
Polygon, the protocol and framework for building and connecting Ethereum-compatible blockchain networks, is partnering with StreamingFast to bring best-in-class blockchain data streaming, for both historical and real-time data.
Some of the industry shifting features of StreamingFast include:
- Simpler: use 90% less code. Single integration point to stream EVM data, from block 0 onto eternity. Get rid of those pesky retries, with a single reliable stream.
- Cheaper: cut down on up to 99% of your Web3 calls. Use in-stream updates to ERC-20 balances, Uniswap reserves and any contract’s state updates. No more out-of-sync balanceOf() calls.
- More reliable: read linearly, no more polling. Paradigm-shifting use of cursors for a reliable stream, guaranteed linearity, across disconnections and reorgs. Something native nodes with WebSockets can only dream about.
- Faster access to real-time blocks. Get data earlier than traditional node providers (up to 48x faster). Instead of hitting one of 1000 nodes, most of them late because of propagation delays, StreamingFast nodes race to push out data to you.
- Complete: full history at your fingertips. Stream blocks, transactions, events, state changes from genesis. Let go of your archive nodes.
- Richest data, industry-wide. Trace-level data, full call graph, state changes, logs, keccak preimages, gas costs, Ether balance changes, internal transactions, input data & return data.
These and StreamingFast’s many other powerful capabilities, will help developers building on Polygon to deliver their projects cheaper, much faster, and with fluid and dynamic user experiences.
“We are excited to work closely with the Polygon team. They have proven that they can deliver a top-notch product which helps to alleviate many developers’ pain points, while building out an ecosystem that will bring EVM-enabled chains to even more users.” said Alexandre Bourget, CTO of StreamingFast. “Our richness of data will enable not just great experiences, but also the data Polygon needs to provide high levels of security and guarantees as assets bridge across networks.”
StreamingFast is currently working toward fully decentralizing its platform, offering a universal way to extract rich trace-level data from all blockchains, bundled in ways that can be both streamed at extreme speeds, and archived for direct access (without the burden of running native nodes). This will translate into better reliability for Polygon developers, decreased data costs, additional data integrity, and the most reliable infrastructure, with StreamingFast nodes dispersed across the globe.
“With our recent announcement of an increased scope from being a Layer 2 blockchain to an industry-leading Layer 2 ecosystem, we are thrilled to partner with strong teams like StreamingFast.” said Sandeep Nailwal, COO and Co-Founder at Polygon. “They offer massive benefits for developers on all EVM based chains today, and their decentralized solution will become pivotal in powering the next generation of DEXes, token bridges, rollups and data aggregators while preserving the highest security requirements.”
“Together, we look forward to pushing the boundaries on what developers are capable of building. We are excited to work alongside the many projects building on Polygon, helping them to deliver their visions sooner than expected,” said Marc-Antoise Ross, CEO of StreamingFast.
About Polygon (Formerly Matic)
Polygon is the first well-structured, easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development. Its core component is Polygon SDK, a modular, flexible framework that supports building and connecting Secured Chains like Plasma, Optimistic Rollups, zkRollups, Validium etc and Standalone Chains like Matic POS, designed for flexibility and independence. Polygon’s Layer 2 Chains have seen widespread adoption with 90+ Dapps, ~7M txns and ~200K unique users.
If you’re an Ethereum Developer, you’re already a Polygon developer! Leverage Polygon’s fast and secure txns for your Dapp, get started here.
StreamingFast is a radically better infrastructure platform for Ethereum and other EVM-based blockchains. Rather than offering nodes-as-a-service, StreamingFast provides massively scalable streaming data, tailored to meet the requirements of decentralized platforms such as bridges, rollups, state mirroring, indexing services, and trading operations. StreamingFast enables you to build responsive, fluid interfaces that deliver exceptional user experiences.